Electronic Crime and Digital Evidence Support for State and Local Law Enforcement
The Electronic Crime Technology Center of Excellence (ECTCoE) and our law enforcement, academia, and private sector partners assist the National Institute of Justice address the High-Priority Criminal Justice Technology Needs:
- Protecting the Public
- Ensuring Officer Safety
- Confirming the Guilty and Protecting the Innocent
- Improving the Efficiency of Justice
- Enabling Informed Decision Making
The NIJ Electronic Crime Portfolio is working to build and sustain the electronic crime investigation, digital evidence collection and digital evidence examination capacity of the criminal justice community throughout the United States. The resources provided through this site to assist NIJ accomplish that goal include:
- Training - Identification, descriptions and registration information for electronic crime investigation and digital evidence collection and analysis training available.
- Publications - Electronic Crime and Digital Evidence publications and guides for the criminal justice community.
- Tools - NIJ grant funded tools and technologies developed for the criminal justice community to conduct electronic crime investigations and digital evidence acquisition and analysis to better serve the public.
- Interactive Tools - Online tools to assist the criminal justice community to in investigations and in planning training.